Important Dates for Seniors:
- April 10: EHS Students- Pick up your Cap and Gown during lunch in the Cafeteria.
- April 16: Senior Meeting for last names (A-L) during Edge Time (10:30 am- 10:50 am) in Heritage Hall
- April 17: Senior Meeting for last names (M-Z) during Edge Time (10:30 am- 10:50 am) in Heritage Hall
- April 20: Baby picture due to Ms. Sabrina Gowsell for special slideshow delivered during Graduation. Refer to more details below.
- May 7- 17: AP Testing
- May 9: Butler Tech Students- Pick up your Cap and Gown at Butler Tech.
- May 10: Senior Meeting for last names (A-L) during Edge Time (10:30 am- 10:50 am) in Heritage Hall
- May 11: Senior Meeting for last names (M-Z) during Edge Time (10:30am- 10:50 am) in Heritage Hall
- May 12: Prom
- May 14-17: Senior Final Exams Week. (This is the last week of school for Seniors)
- May 16: Last Day to Pay School Fees. Fees must be PAID IN FULL to Peg Smith in the main office. This includes lunch fees too!
- May 18: Last day of school for Seniors. Senior Carnival 10:50 am to 2:45 pm.
- May 21: Senior Awards Night (Mrs. Panno will notify you if you have received an award)
- May 22: Baccalaureate for all Seniors. More details to be issued.
- May 25: Mandatory Graduation Practice at Millett Hall, Miami University, Oxford. Refer to details below.
- May 26: Graduation Ceremony at Millett Hall, Miami University, Oxford. Refer to details below.
Send Us Your Favorite Baby Picture by April 20th
At Graduation this year, we are planning a special slideshow. We'll be featuring each student's Senior picture along side either their baby or kindergarten picture. We need either an electronic baby or kindergarten picture (a picture before the age of six) to be emailed to Ms. Sabrina Gowsell, EHS Teacher. In order to have the slideshow ready for Graduation Day, please send your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April 20th.
- When submitting your email, please include your first and last name in the subject line.
- If you do not have internet access, then please bring a hard copy of your picture to Ms. Gowsell, room 236, so it can be scanned. She will return your picture within five to seven days after she receives it. Make sure you write your first and last name on the back of the picture.
Reminders for Graduating Seniors:
- Fees: Fees NEED to be paid to Peg Smith by Wednesday, May 16th or you will not be able to walk at graduation. This includes lunch fees. Everything must be paid in full.
- Credits: You must have 21 credits to graduate and must have passed the state testing requirements.
- Final Exams: Monday, May 14th - Thursday, May 17th. Please follow the document that teachers have for exam exemptions if you are eligible. Final exam schedule will be released in April.
- Senior Carnival: Friday, May 18th from 10:50 a.m. until 2:45 p.m.
- Last Day of School: Your last day of school is Friday, May 18th.
Click here for the Senior News (April) containing scholarship information
- Location: Millett Halll Miami University 500 E Sycamore St, Oxford OH 45056
- Date: Friday, May 25th
- Time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Attendance: Attendance is mandatory in order to be able to walk during graduation. Students will be required to sign in and out for attendance purposes.
- Transportation: Parents may take or students may drive themselves to Millett Hall. School bus transportation will be provided for students who need a ride to and from Millett Hall. Please arrive at 10:15 a.m. if you are taking the bus from EHS.
- Location: Millett Hall Miami University 500 E Sycamore St. Oxford OH 45056
- Date: Saturday, May 26th
- Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Arrival Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Expectations: Graduation is a rich tradition for Edgewood High School. Graduation will be classy, elegant, and traditional. Please behave appropriately with a sense of pride and honor.
- Attire: Wear attire that is classy, elegant, and traditional: Boys wear a dress shirt, dark or khaki pants and dark shoes. Girls wear a white or a light colored dress or light dress pants and white/light or nude heels. (No jeans, no tennis shoes).
- Behavior: Make smart decisions. You are almost there. Let's not have an unfortunate situation that would keep you from graduating.
Important Check In/Check Out information on Graduation Day:
- You will be given your check in (A,B, or C) before graduation practice. This is the check in location you will report to for practice and on graduation day.
- After graduation check out procedure:
- Turn in cords FIRST.
- Turn in gown.
- Receive a ticket from graduate services.
- Bring the given ticket to the diploma table to receive your diploma.
Graduation Day guidelines for Graduates, Parents, and Guests:
If any of the items below occur, there will be a $1000 fine to our school.
- You may not decorate your cap.
- No silly string, confetti, beach balls, etc…
- No loud noise makers, air horns, etc…
- No booing or making fun of another person or graduate.
Please adhere to the expectations set forth by Miami University and Millett Hall. These items could be a safety hazard and require additional clean-up for our host. We need to respect their wishes and their facility. We want to be invited back for future events and for graduation.
Waycross Community Media:
- Waycross will make DVD's and digital copies of the commencement service. These will be available after graduation. You can access information on how to purchase your DVD or digital copy by clicking on this link: Edgewood High School Graduation DVD Order Form.
Celebrate Your Achievement - Honor Your Graduation with Commencement Portraits, Graduation photography by Lifetouch Special Events.