Important Dates for Seniors:
- April 8: Senior Meeting for last names (A-L) during EdgeTime (10:30 am - 10:50 am) in Heritage Hall
- April 9: Senior Meeting for last names (M-Z) during EdgeTime (10:30 am - 10:50 am) in Heritage Hall
- April 9: EHS Students- Pick up your Cap and Gown during lunch in the Cafeteria.
- April 19: Baby picture due to Ms. Sabrina Gowsell for special slideshow delivered during Graduation.
- If you have not turned in your Senior Picture to Mrs. Joseph back in December, then you will need to get a copy to Ms. Gowsell. Refer to more details below.
- April 29: Butler Bioscience Center Students - Pick up your cap and gown at Butler Bioscience Center at 8:00 a.m.
- May 6-16: AP Testing
- May 1: Butler School of the Arts Students - Pick up your cap and gown at the Butler School of the Arts at 8:00 a.m.
- May 1: Butler Tech Students - Pick up your cap and gown at Butler Tech at lunch.
- May 3: Butler Natural Science Center Students - Pick up your cap and gown at the Butler Natural Science Center at Lunch.
- May 9: Senior Meeting for last names (A-L) during EdgeTime (10:30 am- 10:50 am) in Heritage Hall
- May 10: Senior Meeting for last names (M-Z) during EdgeTime (10:30am- 10:50 am) in Heritage Hall
- May 11: Prom
- May 13: Top 10 Senior Luncheon. (Mrs. Limon will notify you if you have received this honor.)
- May 13-16: Senior Final Exams Week. (This is the last week of school for Seniors)
- May 15: Last Day to Pay School Fees. Fees must be PAID IN FULL to Peg Smith in the main office. This includes lunch fees too.
- May 17: Last day of school for Seniors. Senior Carnival 10:50 am to 2:45 pm.
- May 21: Senior Awards Night (Mrs. Panno will notify you if you have received an award.)
- May 24: Mandatory Graduation Practice at Millett Hall, Miami University, Oxford. Refer to details below.
- May 25: Graduation Ceremony at Millett Hall, Miami University, Oxford. Refer to details below.
Send Us Your Favorite Baby Picture by April 19th
At Graduation this year, we are planning a special slideshow. We'll be featuring each student's Senior picture along side either their baby or kindergarten picture. We need either an electronic baby or kindergarten picture (a picture before the age of six) to be emailed to Ms. Sabrina Gowsell, EHS Teacher. In order to have the slideshow ready for Graduation Day, please send your picture to email@example.com by Friday April 19th.
- When submitting your email, please include your first and last name in the subject line.
- If you do not have internet access, then please bring a hard copy of your picture to Ms. Gowsell, room 236, so it can be scanned. She will return your picture within five to seven days after she receives it. Make sure you write your first and last name on the back of the picture.
- Fees: Fees NEED to be paid to Peg Smith by Wednesday, May 15th or you will not be able to walk at graduation. This includes lunch fees. Everything must be paid in full.
- Credits: You must have 21 credits to graduate and must have passed the state testing requirements.
- Final Exams: Monday, May 13th - Thursday, May 16th. Please follow the document that teachers have for exam exemptions if you are eligible. Final exam schedule will be released end of April.
- Senior Carnival: Friday, May 17th from 10:50 a.m. until 2:45 p.m.
- Last Day of School: Your last day of school is Friday, May 17th.
Click here for the Senior News (April) containing scholarship information
- Location: Millett Hall Miami University 500 E Sycamore St, Oxford OH 45056
- Date: Friday, May 24th
- Time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Attendance: Attendance is mandatory in order to be able to walk during graduation. Students will be required to sign in and out for attendance purposes.
- Transportation: Parents may take or students may drive themselves to Millett Hall. School bus transportation will be provided for students who need a ride to and from Millett Hall. Please arrive at 10:15 a.m. if you are taking the bus from EHS.
- Location: Millett Hall Miami University 500 E Sycamore St. Oxford OH 45056
- Date: Saturday, May 25th
- Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Arrival Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Expectations: Graduation is a rich tradition for Edgewood High School. Graduation will be classy, elegant, and traditional. Please behave appropriately with a sense of pride and honor.
- Attire: Wear attire that is classy, elegant, and traditional: Boys wear a dress shirt, dark or khaki pants and dark shoes. Girls wear a white or a light colored dress or light dress pants and white/light or nude heels. (No jeans, no tennis shoes).
- Behavior: Make smart decisions. You are almost there. Let's not have an unfortunate situation that would keep you from graduating.
Important Check In/Check Out Information on Graduation Day:
- You will be given your check in (A,B, or C) before graduation practice. This is the check-in location you will report to for practice and on graduation day.
- After graduation check out procedure:
- Turn in cords FIRST.
- Turn in gown.
- Receive a ticket from graduate services.
- Bring the given ticket to the diploma table to receive your diploma.
Graduation Day Guidelines for Graduates, Parents, and Guests:
If any of the items below occur, there will be a $1000 fine to our school.
- You may not decorate your cap.
- No silly string, confetti, beach balls, etc…
- No loud noise makers, air horns, etc…
- No booing or making fun of another person or graduate.
Please adhere to the expectations set forth by Miami University and Millett Hall. These items could be a safety hazard and require additional clean-up for our host. We need to respect their wishes and their facility. We want to be invited back for future events and for graduation.
Waycross Community Media:
Waycross will make DVD's and digital copies of the 2019 Edgewood High School graduation ceremony. Copies can be purchased by clicking on the link or you can print the form below. A portion of the proceeds will be returned to benefit Edgewood High School programs.
If you have a loved one or a family member out-of-state that cannot attend graduation, Waycross will be offering LIVE graduation coverage. Just go to www.waycross.tv/edgewood
The coverage will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 25th.
Graduation Photography by Ritchie Photo/Executive Studios:
Celebrate Your Achievement - Honor your Graduation with Commencement Portraits, Graduation photography by Ritchie Photo/Executive Studios
- Everyone will be photographed.
- Photos will be online ten days after the ceremony.
- Complimentary proofs mailed to graduates.
- No obligation to purchase.
Congratulations! We are so excited to celebrate with you.